Thursday, August 13, 2015

It's ALIVE!

Several weeks back I won a case of 8 MyCO2 oyster mushroom kits (go check them out they're pretty awesome and the contest is totally legit). After I let the mycelium grow for a few weeks I cut the first kit open to start the fruiting process. As soon as I saw the tiny pins I set up a timelapse and ran it for 76.5 hours, (exposed every 30 minutes). It was amazing to see the growth in just 30 minute intervals. I am concerned that I may have set the little guys back by leaving the light on those 3 days for photography purposes. That one cap sure is happy, but we'll see if the others catch up now that they'll be on a normal light cycle.



I'm super excited about growing mushrooms. These are pre-prepared kits but in the near future I plan on starting my own small farm that including mushrooms (and chickens and bees and goats and...).


...I'll probably have to start another blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment